Friday, October 17, 2008

Plan C

Big Chair

Happy Fall and Big Chair Festival Time! 

Hello Everyone,
I am getting to know my doctors so well that I know what they are going to say even before they say it. It's that slight pause or leg movement. I decided to just ask the hard questions. Like for instance, instead of asking, "Why do these tumors keep growing?". I say, " So this is going to kill me if I don't get it under control & nothing in this hospital seems to be helping &  this drug you want me to take may or may not work & really I am up shit's creek?" These are my really, really long run on sentences that constantly play over and over in my lumpy tumor head.

I went in today to see Dr. M  who wants me to start on this new pill  called Brivanib ( look it up folks) that may help. It's better than doing a full blown body aching chemotherapy.  Paul is excited because it gives me another option. I am pretending to be excited, oh yippee more drugs.  Let me put it this way, there are 49 side effects. I am not talking your usual slight fever & achy belly. It's a trial, so I would go into the city once a week for 6 weeks and then continue getting tested for another 6 weeks. This is going to be fun.

The one decision that I did make is a good one. Plan A is to continue to do my vaccine and head down to the sunny Bahama's on Sunday the 26th to start an immune therapy that will help get my vaccine to work better. This is my plan. And up until a couple of hours ago I was very happy doing this. Now Plan B consists of me doing my vaccine and starting this Brivanib clinical study drug that may or may not help. 

Anyone have a Plan C  for me? And please let it involve a Vespa (italian motor bike), a cape and Tiara. Thank Gail for that visual.

Peace & Health
Michelle


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why do Paul's feet look so big in the big chair?