Thursday, May 29, 2008

The results are In......

Some things you don't forget

February 20th 2008
Radiation begins

February 28th
Chemotherapy

May 28th 2008
My cell phone rang. I looked at it and couldn't answer it. It was the hospital calling me about the results of my  Pet scan. I couldn't answer it.  I looked at Paul and just couldn't imagine us going through any more of this.  How would I tell my family, what would I do next..more... chemo & what about my life...I want a family, children. I just couldn't answer it & I didn't. 
We had the top down driving to a Ct scan  & I just wanted to stay happy.  I couldn't breathe. It was a moment that I wasn't going to let cancer steal from me. I was enjoying a beautiful day with my husband.  Then the phone beeped....a message. The message she left was clear......My scan was fine. My body was clear of any horrible cancer cells, nothing was lighting up.

I went through  Surgery,Radiation, Chemotherapy...complete and utter sickness to get to this point....to say that I am Cancer Free!

Time to Celebrate, time to breathe

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

It's not raining out....Those are tears of joy running down my face. My baby has been through so much. Paul has been through so much. Together they worked hard, with many sleepness nights, filled with worry.
Their life has been returned to them...Time to more on, and live, laugh, and love.
To all Michelle and Paul's support system...I thank you from the bottom of my heart!!
Peace and love to all.
Kathy, (Michelle's Mom)