Saturday, December 3, 2011

Cycle for Survival 2012



Cycle for Survival 2012


Dear Family, Friends and Supporters,

Many years ago I was diagnosed with a rare form of Sarcoma Cancer. I am writing this letter to bring awareness to Rare Cancers and help me reach my goal while I Cycle for Survival in 2012!

Cycle for Survival is the annual, indoor relay-style team cycling event that has raised more than $9 million in support of lifesaving research on rare cancers at Memorial Sloan –Kettering Center, the nation’s preeminent center for cancer research and care. Research on rare cancers is often drastically under funded resulting in fewer opportunities to gain essential insights- the type of groundwork necessary to make new, lifesaving advancements and discoveries. In general there are fewer treatment options for patients with rare cancers because funding for drug development often lags behind more commercially viable drugs. Go to www.cylceforsurvival.org for more information, read Jennifer’s Story and the History of Cycle for Survival and studies.

For many years I have been walking the halls of Memorial Sloan- Kettering, my journey starting in 2002. The past few have been the real battle for me, testing my strength. My husband Paul, family and friends have been right beside me pushing me along, helping me through the struggles. Smiling on the great days and thankful for every moment I have been given. 
I am currently treating my new diagnosis of a rare Sarcoma metastasis to the spine and liver. Although I will be undergoing treatments, I am very much dedicated to cycle on February 4th, 2012 at the Equinox, Long Island New York. Together with my fellow Cancer survivors and fighters we are making a difference. We will not let anything slow us down!

Michelle’s 2012 Cycling Team
To make a donation, please copy and paste

      http://mskcc.convio.net/site/TR?pg=team&fr_id=1602&team_id=16652 

You can also look under current teams, Franks Cyclers. You will see my name to donate.

Thank you for your love and support. Your donation will go a long way in helping find a cure for these challenging diseases.

 From the bottom of my heart,
 
Michelle Sabella Paternoster
www.peacelovecancer.blogspot.com/

No comments: