Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Daryl Katz & My New Eyebrows



I was just putting on my makeup and admiring my beautiful perfect eyebrows. Everyone has been complimenting me, standing way too close to check them out!  I want to share my experience with everyone and give hope to all that has invisible or no eyebrows! 

I never thought at 30,  I would be so self conscious! Especially of the little things I have always taken for granted, 2 little things.  I remember Dr. Chan  from MGH  sliding  across the floor on her chair to give me all the pro's and con's of Proton Radiation. Your cancer will be zapped, but you will most likely go blind in your right eye and loose some hair on your forehead and eyebrow.  It will not grow back.  I looked right at her and said, WAIT A MINUTE, The blind thing I can deal with, the no eyebrow thing we need to talk about! 
Weeks went by , the drain clogged,  because the chemotherapy was thinning my hair. And then the day came that my eyebrow was gone.  Not two...ONE! I was devastated! I spent a whole year using pencils, stencils, glue on fake hair brows & trying miracle lotions that would make it grow. What a crock! Don't waste your money, nothing worked.
 I finally started to ask around and 2 friends recommended Daryl Katz.  She was wonderful at permanent makeup. I got her number and got a quick appointment to see her. After a year of laughs and tears of not having a brow, I am a proud owner of not one, but 2 beautifully tattooed sexy eyebrows.

Daryl specializes in many other beauty needs. She also recommended a great skin care product that has already taken away the signs of radiation & evened out my skin tone. I am finally feeling back to my old self again. 
I also want to share with you how lovely Daryl  & her husband Roger were to me through this process. There kindness made it so much easier.  Here is her contact information,  I highly recommend her. 

Daryl & Roger Katz
239 Jericho Turnpike
Syosset, New York 11791

(516) 496-9797

Peace & love, 
Michelle 




No comments: