Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It's Back!


This part of my life is complete nonsense. I am over the drama of it all. I am over the saying, "Things happen for a reason." Frankly , they should not be happening anymore. I did my time!

I actually spent a month not talking about myself! I brought all the unhappy cancer talk to a halt. When someone asked how I was....I said great! I was able to put everything in the past.

I just knew it was going to be back. My gut told me that things were not right. This dumb lymph node felt funny. But, I really felt it would just go away.

It's the reason I missed my last appointment. I knew something was wrong. But, I needed some time to not think about it. I just wanted to relax before another surgery. I wanted to pretend that I was clean...that my scan showed nothing...that things were getting better. Yet, here I am back at square one. More anesthesia, more needles...more of everything I despise.

They took two biopsy's of the enlarged lymph node under my jaw. Doc had the pathologist come down to test it while I was still in the chair. Funny looking cancer cells were swimming around under the microscope. The best thing to do is to remove it.

I am scheduled for surgery on Friday, October 30th.

This surgery is screwing up my Halloween plan! I am going from a sexy german beer girl to a cut up cancer patient! Perfect! I guess I can keep my IV in and freak everyone out. Thank you lymph node for ruining my Halloween!

Chat soon....Michelle



2 comments:

Erin said...

Michelle,
I have no wise words. Please accept this cyber-hug and know that the prayers are rising up to heaven even as I type.

Elsa D. said...

Oh Michelle :(
I have been away from the blogs and only read this now!
Agh I hate this Sarcoma world!
Lots of love