Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hi Guys & Gals,

I feel like it was yesterday that I was preparing for surgery. The second time around you do things a little different. I didn't pack a make up bag (I don't know what I was thinking!), I lived it up and got a Suite with a fridge, private bathroom..My own nurse ( this is Key!).  Most importantly I hired  Milvy to take care of me when I got home. She was the best. She fed, showered and most of all encouraged me to get out of bed.  Milvy was my saving grace. If your going to have a big operation, get someone to help. I would loose it if my Mother even asked me if I wanted the sandwich she just made for me. Milvy asked...It was the best Sandwich in the world.  Family is wonderful, but they are bugging out as much as we are. 

My Mom took this picture of me right after my surgery. I always post happy pictures...and Yes I am happy in this ( the Drugs made me very Happy), but this is the reality of it.  I have to remind myself that I am a Strong young women with a fantastic future ahead of me.  I look at this picture and " Love" that I can say that I'm Cancer Free! 

Enjoy the Sunshine!

P.s. The tube is in! Yes, it was very uncomfortable..but hopefully in 3 months I will be Tear free!



Surgery Mskcc 12/07

No comments: